If you avoid fast food chains because you find that the food is far too unhealthy and greasy, then you are in luck, because my recipe uses fresh, good quality ingredients with only a small amount of oil. In addition, I find grilling or roasting the patties is a much healthier alternative to frying. It may take a little longer to grill rather than fry, but this is the perfect time to either start making some spicy fries to go with it, or just relaxing for half an hour and playing FoxyBingo. My tuna burger recipe below makes a delicious and healthy meal, which tastes great as well as being low in fat.
1 fresh tuna steak
1 can of sweetcorn
2 spring onions
2 tablespoons of mayonnaise
1. Begin by mashing the tuna steak with the mayonnaise, sweetcorn and chopped spring onions. When the ingredients are fully combined, roll the mixture into a patty shape.
2. Place the patty on a roasting tin and cook in the oven for 20 minutes on 300F. Alternatively, using a tiny splash if oil, cook the patty on a grill pan.
3. Serve in a toasted sesame bun with some salad, before garnishing with some parsley.
Homemade spicy fries
A large potato
1. Preheat the oven to 300F.
2. Peel the potato and chop into thin fries, then boil for 5 minutes in some hot water, just to slightly soften them.
3. Drain the water and place the fries on a roasting tin with some oil, before seasoning with salt and pepper. Sprinkle paprika and chilli powder over your fries and roast for 30 minutes until crispy.
Enjoy! Let me know how they turn out