Over the weekend I made my favorite mussel recipe and as I was sauteing the shallots I thought, “why haven’t I blogged about this yet?”. It’s a super easy and inexpensive meal that will most definitely impress anyone. Make sure that when you pour the cup of white wine to steam the mussels in, you pour one for yourself and sip away while they are cooking. I found this recipe last year while going through recipes on the Epicurious app on my iPhone and it sounded great. They are Mussels in Green Peppercorn Sauce and was originally written by Ruth Cousineau in Gourmet Magazine – Enjoy!
- 2 large shallots, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried green peppercorns, crushed
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 4 pounds cultivated mussels, scrubbed
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
Serve with fresh bread and/or fresh homemade french fries!